Wednesday, January 31, 2007

This was a conversation I over heard in the courtyard... it was a woman speaking to another woman and I think they were cleaners that clean in South Carrick, but I found this to be odd...

cleaner 1 : "I have been in a lot of pain lately but I don't know what is going on..."

cleaner 2: "well huney, why don't you go see yo'self a docta or summin?"

cleaner 1: "Because I do not believe in Doctors; I believe in prayer."

cleaner 2: "you sayin you only believe God can heal you? why, ain't you ever considered that
God gave you a brain or provided doctors for you so that he can heal you that way?
Haven't you eva had a headache and taken summin to heal that?"

cleaner 1: "I just believe that if God wants me to suffer, I will and until I live a life that is
pleasing, I will just be in pain."

cleaner 2: "aw naw, hun, you crazy..."


REFLECTION:
I just found this to be kind of disturbing and I must say I agree with cleaner 2... it's scary to think that some people live under so much submission they are miserable their entire lives... this was the impression i got...

No comments: